3 Perfect Drinks To Help You Sleep
1. Chamomile Tea is the perfect nightcap to reduce anxiety and calm the senses.
2. Warm Milk and Honey is a deliciously soothing drink to have before bedtime to help you to relax and sleep
3. Banana Tea is packed with sleep inducing nutrients, including potassium and magnesium. This nutritious tea calms the nervous system and relaxes tired muscles.
- Boil a banana or just the peel if you want to avoid sugar before bed - for 15 minutes.
- Then strain the banana out.
- Add a few drops of walnut oil, which contains tryptophan and melatonin.
It may seem obvious, but try to limit coffee or other caffeinated drinks in the afternoon or evening as caffeine can stay in the blood for up to 6 hours. Caffeine keeps you alert and suppresses the production of the chemicals in the brain that help your body to sleep.
Although a glass of wine can help you to feel relaxed and even sleepy, research reveals alcohol can disturb the quality of your sleep by affecting your sleep cycle. Spending more time in the deep sleep cycle at first, but then keeping you in the lighter sleep stages for the rest of the night. Making you feel less rested the next day.
Experts recommend drinking alcohol in moderation and not too close to bedtime. Or maybe choose one of the above 3 night caps instead.